October 8th, 2020
Location: Dallas, TX
Reports To: VP, US Sales
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Regional Sales Director’s primary responsibilities are to develop and successfully execute sales strategies, through the leadership of a team of Molecular Oncology Specialists, to ensure achievement of revenue goals for oncology services.
Position within the organization:
- Reports to VP, US Sales
- Cooperates with Sales, Marketing, IT, Clinical/Medical Affairs, Customer Care, Billing, and Product Support, etc.
- Participates in:
- Department meetings
- Vendor meetings
- Project meetings
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and develop new key strategic partner relationships and alliances in the assigned target region.
- Develop mid to executive level relationships with key partners and customers, ensuring revenue, market share, and growth objectives are met.
- Manage ongoing relationships with channel partners and customers; including the planning of sales and product/sales training, administering customer presentations, managing partner/customer contract agreements.
- Manage and maintain partner retention, growth, and end user satisfaction.
- Create an accurate sales forecast/program based on information gathered from channel partners and customers.
- Assist management in developing new sales strategies.
- Coach, direct, motivate and monitor activities of the Sr. OSS, OSS and TSS
- Recruit, evaluate and select top sales talent.
- Direct regional revenue forecasting efforts with a goal of achieving consistent accuracy of such forecasts.
- Identify and effectively integrate new business opportunities to ensure achievement of Company growth objectives.
- Must live in the geography of the territory, field travel will be at least 4 days per week.
- Support area-marketing activities at national meetings and conferences as required. (i.e. booths, handout materials, schedules, etc.)
- Follow all Agendia, Inc.’s health and safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- B.S. degree
- 5 years’ experience in sales, diagnostics, oncology, lab services or related field
- 5 + years of experience managing a remote team
- 5+ direct physician sales experience in Oncology, diagnostic laboratory business
- Minimum of 10 years’ successful sales management experience preferably in Oncology, diagnostic laboratory business.
- Directly supervises 4 – 10 Sr. MOS and MOSs in assigned region.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Skills and Qualifications Requirements:
Specific Knowledge Required:
Knowledge: Comprehension of a body of information acquired by experience or study.
Skill: A present, observable competence to perform a learned activity.
Ability: Competence to perform an observable behavior.
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts and practice with the ability to use in challenging or complex business situations, or situations with no precedent.
- Ability to develop and execute strategic and tactical sales plans including quotas.
- Experience with building strategic relationships with all levels within an organization, including the top executives.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) presentation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing timely project delivery to a high degree of success.
- Ability to hire, train, lead and motivate a highly ethical sales team.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills and dynamic leadership to interface with different departments throughout the organization.
- Advanced interpersonal skills to work with direct reports in the delivery of coaching and performance feedback.
- Ability to build rapport and relationships by interacting effectively with employees and external contacts at all levels, demonstrating the awareness of their needs and responding with the appropriate action.
- Travel 75%-80% weekly throughout the region, including overnights and weekends, as necessary to fully manage the region and attend tradeshows, trainings and regional meetings as requested.
- Valid driver’s license issued by the state in which the individual resides
Internal: All Commercial, Medical Affairs, Clinical Affairs, Billing, Customer Care, Lab Support, etc.
External: Physicians, medical facilities, institutions, cancer centers, Vendors, regulatory agencies, etc.
BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES/DESIRED SKILLS
- Ability to work independently and prioritize personal workload
- Excellent communication skills
- Perform multiple tasks under minimum supervision
- Can do-attitude; enables change
Working conditions (inside or outside the office).
- Regularly walks, stands, and sits
- Ability to lift 30 pounds unassisted
- Will be traveling by plane, train, car, etc. for extensive amounts of time
- Ability to drive/fly routinely internationally and domestically for up to 75% in regional territories
I have read and understand the above-mentioned job description. I will carry out my duties as outlined above. Affixed is my signature below as acknowledgment.