November 5, 2020
Location: Irvine, CA
Department: Laboratory Operations
Reports To: Supply Chain Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
AIM OF THE POSITION
This individual will assist in creating, implementing and maintaining a supplier certification and management program through appropriate product and supplier qualification activities. This will encompass a) developing the materials plan or strategy; b) supplier evaluation and selection process; c) delivery and logistics including the return system for defective or unwanted products; d) supplier surveys; e) supplier corrective action process; f) supplier quality improvement program to meet set quality goals; and g) supplier data monitoring, analysis and reporting.
POSITION WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION
- Reports to Supply Chain Manager
- Cooperates with all departments across the organization
- Participates in:
- Department meetings
- Project meetings
- Working groups
- Project groups
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the logistics process for the development of new products, inventory maintenance, manufacturing, shipment and delivery, and returns on products.
- Assist with daily purchase orders, service request, and logistics request in a timely matter. The associate will communicate status of request to end user and expected completion date. They will also follow-up with vendor as needed to meet the end user’s expectation.
- Receive daily shipments of reagents, consumables, and equipment while confirming all received material matches the set-up PO in our system with this vendor. Checks will include but not limited to inspection of outside of the shipping container, inspection of the internal shipping container, item #, item description, quantity received and ordered, shipping materials used, any shipping requirements, etc…
- Ship or assist with daily shipments of reagents, consumables, or collection supplies to internal clients (other departments at Agendia) and external clients (other Oncology labs, doctors, or patients). Shipments can be domestic or international so associate will select the best shipping method and provide the correct packing materials (cold paks, dry ice, or RT) to maintain the integrity of the material during shipment.
- Assist in cycle counts and inventory counts as needed, daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annually, or annually. Associate will help maintain the accuracy of the cycle count sheets and inventory sheets.
- Assist with facility request as needed and when it involves company growth and expansion.
- Assist with Audit and evaluate supplier manufacturing ability through on-site visits and measurements.
- Work with suppliers and supervisor to understand the supplier manufacturing processes and assist suppliers with improving quality while reducing cost and lead times.
- Work with logistic vendors and supervisor to identify opportunities to combine shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution on select transportation routes.
- Assist with developing material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements. Work closely with the Quality department on issuance and closure of Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCARs).
- Monitor forecasts to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
- Assist with identifying opportunities to reuse or recycle materials to minimize consumption of new materials, minimize wastes, or to convert wastes to by-products.
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
- Works closely with:
- Diagnostic department/laboratory
- Product Support
- Product Development Team
- Works closely with:
- Regulatory Agencies
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in purchasing and logistics
- 2 years of experience with ERP system
- Experience in CLIA lab
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA’S)
Knowledge: Comprehension of a body of information acquired by experience or study.
Skill: A present, observable competence to perform a learned activity.
Ability: Competence to perform an observable behavior.
- Ability to manage logistics of all aspects of the supply chain, from product development to the shipment of finished items.
- Ability to build relationships with external parties such as suppliers and/or distributors.
- Good business ethics.
- Strong communication skills, effective presentation skills and multicultural understanding.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Must have ability to lift 40 + lbs. unassisted
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES/DESIRED SKILLS
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions and participate in upper management decision-making; exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Superior leadership skills that lead to the development of highly functioning marketing organization through motivation and development of personnel.
- Creative Problem Solving – Applies creative, out-of-the box thinking to overcoming obstacles and taking advantage of opportunities in the marketplace.
- Manage Priorities – Works well in a fast-paced environment filled with many priorities and time sensitive projects.
- Established ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) requirements
- Working conditions (inside or outside the office).
- General office environment, Lab and warehouse. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other duties as required by management