November 3, 2020
Location: Irvine, CA
Reports To: HR Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
AIM OF THE POSITION
The Payroll Specialist will take primary responsibility for payroll, assist with benefits administration, worker’s comp and maintaining personnel files
POSITION WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION
- Reports to Director, HR
- Cooperates with all departments across the organization
- Participates in:– Department meetings– Project meetings
– Working groups
– Project groups
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process multi-state, exempt and non-exempt payroll, including serving as primary contact for payroll-related inquiries, processing payroll bi-weekly for 180 employees, updating and ensuring accuracy of data within payroll system.
- Manage and process new hires, promotions, terminations, transfers, garnishments, wage assignments, benefit deductions, LOAs, VOEs, etc
- Ensure compliance with established payroll policies and procedures as well as federal and state regulations
- Review and audit W2’s
- Register and maintain taxes multistate
- Assists in preparation and creation of standard and ad-hoc reports.
- Assist with benefits administration, including processing enrollments and life events, managing billing and federal reporting, serving as a point of contact for employee inquiries, and assisting with renewals and Open Enrollment.
- Assist with 401k administration and audit.
- Organizes and maintains confidential Human Resources files, including individual employee files including personnel and benefit files.
- Assists HR Generalist with hiring related paperwork processing (i.e. criminal checks, MVRs, certified transcripts, diplomas, orientation materials and related).
- Train new employees in the use of the Paylocity Time & Attendance
- Maintaining car allowance documentation logs
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
- Works closely with: HR
- All departments across organization
- Works closely with:
Vendors for payroll/benefits, 401k, etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- AA preferred of related experience
- 5+ years of experience working on multi-state payrolls
- Experience with Paylocity desired
- Experience in assisting with in benefits administration
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA’S)
Knowledge: Comprehension of a body of information acquired by experience or study.
Skill: A present, observable competence to perform a learned activity.
Ability: Competence to perform an observable behavior.
- Knowledge of Federal and California payroll policy, regulations and best practices
- Experience with HR and payroll systems, Paylocity experience highly desired
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional customer service skills
- High integrity and ability to maintain confident and sensitive information
- Enthusiastic team player
- The ability to work with all professional levels across the organization
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES/DESIRED SKILLS
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions and participate in upper management decision-making; exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Superior leadership skills that lead to the development of highly functioning marketing organization through motivation and development of personnel.
- Creative Problem Solving – Applies creative, out-of-the box thinking to overcoming obstacles and taking advantage of opportunities in the marketplace.
- Manage Priorities – Works well in a fast-paced environment filled with many priorities and time sensitive projects.
- Established ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) requirements
- Working conditions (outside the office).
- General office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally for extended periods of time
Other duties as required by management