Location: Irvine, CA
Department: Customer Care
Reports To: Manager, Global Customer Success
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
AIM OF THE POSITION
The Laboratory Support Associate will ensure proper handling of all specimens received and prepare specimens for laboratory testing. This position includes such functions as matching patient information, data entry, and scanning documents.
- Reports to Manager, Global Customer Success
- Cooperates with all departments across the organization
- Participates in: Department meetings
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and sorts specimens for testing
- Reviews all requisitions for missing information, works closely with Customer Care to obtain missing information in a timely manner and distributes new information to all departments involved.
- Reports problem holds and provides resolution timely
- Accessions all cases received for testing, including data entry of all pertinent information into LIS
- Timely and accurately enters data into LIS, label samples and create folders, generate specimen travel documents, and forwards respective sample to personnel/departments.
- Assembles case paperwork and files, including pre-analytic documentation and labels
- Performs quality assurance check of samples
- Attends department meetings and company in-service training to enhance knowledge on testing and systems.
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
- Follow Departments procedures including specimen routing and handling.
- Maintains or assists in maintaining inventory of the department
- Files and archives patient folders
- May coordinate remote storage and retrieval for site as needed
- May assist with coordinating waste pickups and maintains documentation.
- Receives incoming supplies: store and inventory
- Returns slides and blocks to clients
- May assist with scheduling equipment preventative with vendors
- Serves as point of contact for the department; coordinates incoming and outgoing courier shipments and department mail; answer phone and greets visitors as needed
- Assist management and technical staff with administrative duties as needed.
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
- Global Customer Success Team
- Laboratory Department
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) to three (3) years of relevant experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Achieves desired level of competency and accuracy for the main department processes (Accessioning, and sample returns) within 6 months
- Works productively and efficiently to achieve company and departmental goals
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff
- Adheres to Agendia core values, safety and compliance policies and procedures
- Accurately follows department SOP’s for specimen handling and processing
- Proficient with MS Office Programs
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment and maintain production and quality standards.
- Must be able to work in a bio-hazard environment and comply with safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
- General laboratory environment
- Vision to read written and published quality documents and to observe operations
- Regularly walks, sits, and stands
- Regular works on a computer for approximately 6-8 hours per day
- Frequently lifts, pushes/pulls, and carries up to 20 pounds
- Must follow lab safety practices when working in freezer or with hazardous materials including use of personal protective equipment
- Must be able to read and understand scientific and complex
- No Travel
- Other duties as required
I have read and understand the above-mentioned job description. I will carry out my duties as outlined above. Affixed is my signature below as acknowledgment.