June 18, 2020
Location: Irvine, CA
Reports To: IT Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The incumbent will maintain, plan and update the IT infrastructure and support the Company’s technical infrastructure needs. This role will be in charge and manage our internal systems and maintain and monitor a secure IT environment for our organization.
POSITION WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION
1. Reports to Sr. Director, Global IT & Facilities
2. Cooperates with IT, Lab Ops, Commercial, Marketing, Clinical Affairs, Customer Care, Billing, Medical Affairs
3. Participates in:
– Department meetings
– Project meetings
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs Active Directory administration (DNS, DCHP, GPO, etc.), add/remove users, reset passwords, manage group policy, Organizational Unit (OU) management, and manage folder permissions.
- Install, configure, modify, and test routers, firewalls, switches, wireless access points, and associated controllers
- Analyze and evaluate network security including firewall, VPN (Virtual Private network), application, and event investigations to develop strategies, configuration, and procedures to prevent or minimize both internal and external threats.
- Provide regular system and network monitoring and respond immediately to security, productivity disruptions, outages, or other network related problems. Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, network, or system related incidents.
- Implement and troubleshoot LAN technologies and WAN technologies such as EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, and telco circuits (T1, T3, OC3)
- Utilize appropriate software and resources (i.e. – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, VISIO) to produce charts, spreadsheets, or PowerPoint presentations of network and system performance, statistics, and reports analysis.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate documentation for problem resolution, standard operating instructions, etc. for appropriate security and compliance enforcement.
- Maintain basic facility related systems (Alarm, Badges, Conference room, IP Phones, Printers, and Security Cameras).
- Performs server backups, security management, and maintaining system documentation.
- Manage deployment of updates, security patches, and virus protection for network devices, computers, mobile devices, and network equipment for internal and remote users.
- Responsibilities may include some evening and weekend availability.
- Other projects and duties, tasks, and responsibilities as assigned.
- Follow all Agendia, Inc.’s health and safety policies and procedures.
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
- Works closely with:
- LT Team
- Medical Affairs
- Clinical Affairs
- Lab Ops
- Works closely with:
- Regulatory Agencies
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
B.S. degree in a computer or laboratory related discipline or equivalent.
- 4+ years’ experience in network administration and maintenance.
- Experience with Meraki and Cisco networking products.
- Experience with administration of Windows systems.
- Experience in Microsoft 365 administration and configuration.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure configuration and administration.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA’S)
Specific Knowledge Required:
- Knowledge: Comprehension of a body of information acquired by experience or study.
- Skill: A present, observable competence to perform a learned activity.
- Ability: Competence to perform an observable behavior.
- Familiarity with any software development technologies is a plus.
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to create project plans, process maps, Standard Operating Procedures, and documentation for completed systems.
- Proactive communicator with ability to both clearly explain systems and to gather information and assess needs of business owners.
- Experience in a regulated healthcare environment is a plus
- Ability to work as part of a team and integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Proficient computer skills and experience with data analysis software, and analytical instruments in multiple specialties. Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook) and EP Evaluator or other data analysis software.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and the ability to follow complicated instructions accurately.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative; Able to identify, evaluate and act on strategies for solving problems and meeting objectives before being asked to do so.
- Knowledge and experience with design, installation, and maintenance of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, and Exchange including applicable best practices for each technology.
- Understanding of TCP/IP addressing, routing, and network management protocols
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES/DESIRED SKILLS
- Ability to work independently and prioritize personal workload
- Excellent communication skills
- Perform multiple tasks under minimum supervision
- Can do-attitude; enables change
Establishes ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) requirements
Working conditions (inside or outside the office).
- Regularly walks, stands, and sits.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds unassisted
- Regularly works on a computer for approximately 6-8 hours a day.
- May be traveling plane, train, car, etc. for extensive amounts of time
Ability to drive/fly routinely internationally and domestically for up to 15%
Other duties as required by management