Location: Irvine, CA
Reports To: IT Ops Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
AIM OF THE POSITION
The incumbent will be Reporting to the IT Operations Manager. This position provides primary service and support for all end user desktop technology needs, including computer, telephone and peripheral devices. In addition to systems application support and desktop technology support, the position is also required to provide specialist technical maintenance and support functions for several of the companies’ internal business operations systems. This person will be directly interfacing with customers so they will require strong interpersonal and communications abilities and must be an analytical thinker who can resolve problems efficiently. Overall customer-service oriented skills and attention to detail are a requirement.
Provide remote technical assistance to Office 365 customers via telephone, written correspondence, and remote desktop support sessions. Assist administrators with advanced troubleshooting, problem resolution, and best practices regarding break-fix scenarios and deployment/implementation and readiness guidance.
POSITION WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION
1. Reports to Sr. Director, Global IT & Facilities
2. Cooperates with IT, Lab Ops, Commercial, Marketing, Clinical Affairs, Customer Care, Billing, Medical Affairs
3. Participates in:
- Department meetings (local)
- Project meetings
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Architects, configuration, troubleshooting, installation, administration and other activities relating to all IT systems and services (Microsoft O365 Administration, SharePoint, Intune, AWS, Azure, Exchange)
- PowerShell scripting experience
- Respond to and work on service requests or incidents utilizing the company ticketing system. Document all work performed within the requests.
- Monitor application/network performance and make recommendations to improve overall proficiency.
- Respond to emergency requests for service and/or unforeseen demand.
- Deployment, configuration, and support of various software to our customers.
- Provide phone and remote troubleshooting support.
- Ability to provide quick recommendations towards resolution.
- Ability to understand and communicate customer perspective clearly while collaborating with internal departments.
- Responsible for efficiently managing the relationship with customers while accurately documenting ticket activity, details, and outcomes.
- Ensure accurate and timely resolution for assigned issues.
- Provide front-line administrator and end user support for multiple customers.
- Recognize trends and reoccurring problems.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Administration of applications within the Office 365 suite.
- Collaborate with other engineers to find solutions.
- Report software bugs and customer suggestions to management.
- And other assigned duties, tasks, and responsibilities.
- Follow all Agendia, Inc.’s health and safety policies and procedures.
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Internal: IT Team, Lab Ops, QA, Commercial, Medical Affairs, Clinical Affairs, Billing, Etc.
External: Vendors, regulatory agencies, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. degree in a computer science discipline or equivalent.
- 2-6 years’ experience in resolving, tracking and reporting on IT issues, in a fast-paced environment
- 2+ years’ experience managing support requests on a Level 1 & 2 help desk
- Experience with cloud-based application suites such as Microsoft Office 365 in a PC environment. Demonstrated experience in administration of Microsoft Office 365 workloads (Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Skype for Business, Teams, OneDrive for Business).
- Experience with networks such as physical and virtual vLans.
- Experience with mobile device configuration and support a plus.
- Experience working in a HIPPA facility
- Appliation administration experience.
- Server & network administration experience (Windows) a plus.
- Service Desk remote support experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA’S)
Specific Knowledge Required:
Knowledge: Comprehension of a body of information acquired by experience or study.
Skill: A present, observable competence to perform a learned activity.
Ability: Competence to perform an observable behavior.
- Communicate simply, effective, and in a non-technical manner so that individuals who do not have a technical background can understand what is being discussed.
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices (preferred).
- Foundation knowledge of Office 365 plans, service descriptions, and features.
- Administration and troubleshooting in the following areas:
- Office 365 architecture.
- Supporting mail client configuration for Exchange Online.
- Office Suite planning, deployment and management in a small business or enterprise environment (including Project, Visio installation, etc..)
- OneDrive for Business synchronization and profile management.
- Strong problem-solving and attention to detail abilities.
- Demonstrated success at working in a team environment.
- Positive attitude towards change and ability to adapt.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time sensitive tasks.
- Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments
- Ability to work well independently on defined tasks
- Scripting proficiency to automate repetitive tasks or integrate systems using powershell.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES/DESIRED SKILLS
- Ability to work independently and prioritize personal workload
- Excellent communication skills
- Perform multiple tasks under minimum supervision
- Can do-attitude; enables change
Establishes ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) requirements
- Working conditions (inside or outside the office).
- Regularly walks, stands, and sits
- Ability to lift 30 pounds unassisted
- Regularly works on a computer for approximately 6-8 hours a day
- May be traveling plane, train, car, etc. for extensive amounts of time
- Ability to drive/fly routinely internationally and domestically for up to 15%